Sunday, January 1, 2012

A year in review....

This year has been a huge growing point in my life. A lot has happened. I really mean a lot.

First thing that happened, I left a relationship with a man I still love. It was the hardest thing to do, but it needed to happen. I've grown up so much since then. I used to think that everything was wrong with that relationship because of him, but looking back, both of us just kind of let it all go. I then spent the next several months making him miserable, then finally stopped after he broke up with his girlfriend. We're now good friends again, but I really don't know if I will ever date him again. Maybe it's better to just leave things in the past.

The next major event, I got engaged to a good friend of mine. I thought he was a really awesome guy. I even started going back to church and everything for him. After talking he decided that he just couldn't marry me. Why? Because he believed that the sole purpose of marriage was to have kids. I disagree completely. Kids are a part of marriage, but should not be the sole factor in who you marry.

I then figured out how much fun getting drunk could be.

I left a job that I despised. I wouldn't mind doing catering again, I just didn't get along with my bosses at all. Best day of my life was the last day at work.

I got a dog. He has been the biggest blessing in my life. I couldn't get over my recent failed relationships. Wookie taught me that I can ignore myself and take care of someone else. He also helped get me off of my butt and moving again, instead of wallowing in self pity all day. I love him, and wouldn't trade him for the world.

Moving out to the middle of nowhere was an adventure. And more of a lesson in learning to be happy with who I was. It was out here in the middle of nowhere that I realized that I was still sexy, and that what other people thought didn't matter. Now that I believe that I am a sexy woman, it shows. I've never had so much attention from guys before, and most of it is in a good way. Confidence is sexier than being a size 5 will ever be.

I started an awesome job. Pizza Hut may seem like a terrible place to be, but it's enjoyable. I'd rather be poor and happy with my job, then be rich and despise my job. I work with awesome people.

I moved out. For the last time. It's been... Well, it hasn't gone all that well.

Ignoring your gut is a bad thing. It left me out over $3000 because I ignored my gut and trusted someone too much.

I met an awesome guy. I'd love to date him, but he keeps saying he's too busy. I'm hoping one day he may just change his mind. One can always hope, right?

Last of all, just when you think life couldn't get any worse, it does. Then something comes along to make it all better. Wookie brought me back from the depths of depression. He gives me someone to come home to every night. He doesn't care how bad the day was or how late I am, he's always there wagging his tail, waiting for me to come home. Wookie taught me how to love again. Wookie taught me how to forgive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment