Saturday, July 13, 2013

Paleo Banana Bread, Take 1

We went to a family reunion the other day. One of my aunts brought this amazing banana bread. Teddy Beast told me I had to find the recipe. Well, I found one, and it looked super easy to change into a paleo version. Why a paleo version? Because cheat days come only once a month.

The conclusion of this version? Cut out half the butter next time. It ended up being too greasy to set up properly. But it still tasted amazing, kind of like a banana bread pudding.



Paleo Banana Bread
(adapted from our paleo life)

4 very ripe Bananas
4 Eggs, seperated
1/2 c Butter
1/4 c Coconut Oil
1/2 c Almond Flour
1 T Cinnamon
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Baking Powder
1 t Vanilla
pinch Salt

350 F Oven

1. Soften butter and coconut oil.
2. Separate eggs. Add yolks to butter and oil, keep whites separate.
3. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, set aside.
4. Add bananas, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt to butter and oil mixture. Use a potato masher or whisk to combine well.
5. Gradually fold egg whites into batter. I did 4 additions.
6. Spread in greased loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes. It's done when the toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. You used up all my bananas I was saving for Mango Banana Sorbet. And you left a mess in my kitchen.

    I still love you, but you owe me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do owe you mom. I didn't know you were saving the bananas. All the ones we found in the store were much too yellow.

    ReplyDelete